William F. Fore received a B.D. from Yale Divinity School and Ph.D. from Columbia University. A minister in the United Methodist Church , he was Director of Visual Education for the United Methodist Board of Missions, then Executive Director of the Communication Commission of the National Council of Churches in New York City. From 1989 to 1995 he was Visiting Lecturer in Communication and Cultural Studies at Yale Divinity School.. His publications include Image and Impact (Friendship Press 1970), Television and Religion: the Shaping of Faith, Values and Culture (Augsburg 1987, currently reprinted by SBS Press, 409 Prospect St., New Haven, CT 06511), and Mythmakers: Gospel Culture and the Media (Friendship Press 1990).
- Mass Media’s Mythic World: At Odds with Christian Values
- The Church and Communication in the Technological Era
- Religion and Television: Report on the Research
- A New World Order in Communication
- The Unknown History of Televangelism
- Analyzing the Military-News Complex
- A Theology of Communication
- Truth, Lies and the Media
- What You Don’t Know Can Kill You
- What is the Role of the Theological School in Today’s World?
- In Defense of Public Broadcasting
- Media Violence: Hazardous to Our Health