John Shelby Spong was Episcopal Bishop of Newark, New Jersey. Among his bestselling books are Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism, Resurrection: Myth or Reality?, and Why Christianity Must Change or Die: A Bishop Speaks to Believers in Exile. He retired in early 2,000 to become a lecturer at Harvard University.
- Hope and Fear in Ecumenical Union
- The Urban Church: Symbol and Reality
- Can the Church Bless Divorce?
- The Emerging Church: A New Form for a New Era
- Evangelism When Certainty Is an Illusion
- The Continuing Christian Need for Judaism
- The Virgin Mary is No Wonder Woman